This course includes:
- 5 videos sharing the most important fundamental pieces for building a powerful & effective Pilates practice.
- 3 videos focusing on Pilates Mat workouts of increasing intensity.
How to take this course:
I will guide you through each step and you can do each video as many times as you like before moving forward.
- Step 1: How to Breath. Learn how to harness the power of every breath to support you, energize you, and help relieve stress.
- Step 2: How to Find Neutral Spine and discover how to optimize your body’s natural anatomy to get as much juice out of every exercise as well as stay safe during your Pilates practice.
- Step 3: Explore fundamentals that help you connect to your core muscles, teach you how to move in proper alignment and how to build strength to move on to the basic Pilates Mat exercises.
- Step 4: Once you feel confident with the fundamentals, unroll your mat for your Beginner Pilates Mat practice. Here we dive into the classic exercises created by Joseph Pilates improve your posture, reduce strain, stress and tension, and build deep core strength.
- Step 5: Finally, the Advanced Beginner Pilates Mat & Intermediate Pilates Mat practices offers additional challenges to build more strength. I recommend repeating the Advanced Beginner until you’ve mastered all the exercises, then move on to the Intermediate practice.
What to expect:
Meet Your Expert: Judy Heany
Judy Heany, Master Yoga & Pilates Teacher, Licensed Massage Therapist & owner of Balance Cape May, began to study Pilates in 1996 at UC Berkeley’s public classes. Since then, Judy has gone on to achieve the highest levels of training including certifications with Balance Body, the Pilates Method Alliance, ScolioPilates, and currently Pilates for Active Aging with Body Harmonics. Over the past two decades, Judy has helped thousands of her students get connected, ditch pain, and find deep core strength with Pilates. She humbly became a beginner again using these exercises to recover strength after multiple abdominal surgeries included 2 c-sections. Pilates Basics will start you on your way too to finding a stronger, more flexible, mobile body for life!